Monday, February 8, 2010

The Improbable Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

This  is a collection of novelettes made by famous writers with Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson as central characters. May I point out one well known author, Mr. Stephen King , who was included in this anthology. I owe Mr. King an apology when I thought he has copied another writer's story line with "The Doctor's Case". Fortunately one mystery enthusiast who frequented another mystery forum informed me that the reason it sounded familiar was because it was already published in King's other collection , "Nightmares and Dreamscapes".
I tell you, the "King of Chills" has not lost his creativity with this particular story. It had a "locked from the inside" mystery theme wherein Dr. Watson was actually the one who successfully solved the case.

Some of the tales bordered on the bizarre  but in general, it was not too bad. I still preferred King's "Nightmares and Dreamscapes" but this treasury was entertaining enough to read on a rainy day. There were other note worthy authors, but Mr. King outshone them in this particular book.

No comments:

Post a Comment