Saturday, May 21, 2016

Evil Games By Angela Marson

I almost did not finish this book.
Kim Stone, the main character, is a very caustic individual. I was really getting annoyed with her acerbic character that reading the novel turned to be a grating experience . However, I was very impressed with her other novel, "The Silent Scream", that I decided to take a "sneak peek" at the ending and see if enduring her painful personality would be worth it.. Fortunately, I succumbed to my habit of reading the last part of the book and eventually got intrigued! This awakened my interest and induced me to reread the book and  finish it.
I proceeded midway (close to where I stopped) and found a fascinating discussion between Kim Stone and her former psychiatrist about sociopaths. It was a very compelling discussion without the medical precision John Burley had in his novels which I thought was too complicated for a layman to endure. As mentioned in my previous blog, John Burley is an actual medical doctor who shared a little bit too much of his medical knowledge that it tended to be slightly grueling if you have a short attention span like me. Anyway, back to the story.
Though it still had the usual "surprise" at the end as in her other book, "The Silent Scream", the story  was different but equally captivating. All I can say is that it is similar to Agatha Christie's "Curtain" with a psychiatrist's point of view. Several crimes, but different styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment