Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Don't Close Your Eyes

I have been very busy but while checking my bookmarks, I saw my poor neglected mystery blog and decided to update it. So here goes!
Don't Close Your Eyes by Christie Craig - It has a very good plot but unfortunately, since it was made by a Romance novelist there was this intense desire to add sex even though how ridiculous the scenario was. Like her carrying her thong in her purse when she goes to school to teach. Really? She was not even planning to swim or go to the gym? You put an extra underwear if you are scared you would have an accident during your period and believe me! A thong shall not be a good alternative to catch any flow ! She then tosses her purse at the back of the guy's car which conveniently hurls the precious little thong to pop out of the purse! Aroused , the guy dutifully rushes to her school with the said thong and brings it to her classroom. This ignites her lust that she immediately goes to bed with him once they get back to her house from school.
There were a lot of titillating scenes that I guess were acceptable and very standard in romance novels but it irritated me because it deflected from the actual storyline. Still, the plot was good. However this book made me vow never to get a book by a romance novelist ! I read books with a lot of sex but her scenes were bordering on the ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment